Asparagus Spears and Salmon Sashimi Recipe
This dish ticks off all the right boxes of what should go into making a meal delicious. It's also perfect as a picnic lunch and one of my all-time favorite comfort foods. I'm a huge fan of salmon sashimi and asparagus, and really can't think of a dish I would enjoy more.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and washed
- 8 to 12 slices salmon sashimi
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 juiced lemons
- 1 grated shallot
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/8 tablespoon black pepper
- Mixed herbs for garnishing
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- Blanch the trimmed asparagus spears in a pot of boiling water for 1 minute or just until tender. Remove and place the tender asparagus spears in an ice bath. Drain and set aside.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, mix together lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, grated shallot, and honey.
- Drizzle olive oil into the mixture and stir until the dressing thickens. Add salt and pepper and continue whisking until everything is well-combined.
- Arrange the asparagus spears and salmon sashimi neatly on top of a large serving plate. Pour dressing over asparagus until well-coated.
- Sprinkle some mixed herbs on top of your dish.