Yummy Raw Chocolate Cake With Berries Recipe
Thanks to the invention of countless healthy chocolate desserts, you can now enjoy the rich flavor of chocolate and get some nutritional benefits at the same time. One such dessert is this yummy raw chocolate cake with berries, which is super easy to make and delicious down to the last bite!
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
For the cake:
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dates
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
For the frosting:
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the garnishing:
- 1/2 cup berries of your choice
Prep time: 1 hour 55 mins (includes chilling time)
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 2 hours
Serves: 1 small chocolate cake
- Pour the walnuts and pecans into a powerful food processor, set the appliance to the highest speed, and process until the ingredients become as fine as possible. Add in cacao powder and vanilla and process until everything is well-combined.
- Pour the dates and raisins into the food processor, a little at a time, and process thoroughly after each addition. Do this until all ingredients are added and the mixture turns into a big ball of dough.
- Transfer the dough to a circular cake tin and press to ensure it takes up the shape of the tin. Once that is done, refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- To make the cake frosting, melt butter and sugar over medium heat. Stir constantly until sugar is dissolved. Add milk and bring to a boil before removing from heat.
- Add cacao powder and vanilla, and mix until light and fluffy.
- Spread the chocolate frosting across the top layer of the chilled raw chocolate cake and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to set the frosting.
- Once properly chilled, garnish with berries and serve.
The quantities of the ingredients in this recipe make a small cake. If you want to make a larger raw chocolate cake, just double or triple the quantities as needed.