Yummy Coconut Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
If you're looking to bite into the perfect coconut chocolate cheesecake, then the following recipe should do the trick. Not only is this recipe quite simple to follow along, it also yields a rich and sweet tasting dessert for that perfect gastronomic experience.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
For the crust:
- 1 cup sweetened coconut, shredded
- 9 oz. package of chocolate cookies
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
For the filling:
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the topping:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup dark chocolate, chopped
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 20 mins
To make the crust:
- Begin by toasting the shredded coconut. Spread them on a greased baking pan and bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or until the coconut is lightly browned. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Grind the chocolate cookies in a food processor or crush with a rolling pin to make crumbs.
- Grind the crumbs, toasted coconut, and chopped chocolate in a food processor until all ingredients are well combined. Place this mixture in the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and place on a cooling rack.
To make the filling:
- Blend the cream cheese, salt, sugar, and vanilla together in a bowl using an electric mixer. Continue mixing until the mixture becomes lump-free, smooth, and creamy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, beating until thoroughly combined. Sift in the flour and stir to create the cheesecake batter.
- Pour the cheesecake filling onto the cooled crust and bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes or until the filling is set.
To make the topping:
- Bring the cream to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate until it melts and the mixture is heavy and creamy.
- Spread the mixture on top of the 2-layer cheesecake and refrigerate to let the topping set before serving.