Turtle-Shaped Salad Recipe
This turtle-inspired salad contains lots of protein to help your children keep strong and healthy. Much like a baby turtle's first journey across the sand and into the sea, eating this salad for breakfast will provide your children with the necessary nutrients as they journey on to school for yet another day of fun and learning.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 3 eggs
- 2 hot dogs
- 2 cucumber slices
- 1 red bell pepper slice
- 2 black olive slices
- A bed of Romaine lettuce (5 to 6 leaves)
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- Arrange lettuce on a serving plate to create a bed for your turtle to lie on.
- Place 1 egg into a medium-sized saucepan and cover it with water. Ensure that the water is at least 1-inch above the egg. Using medium heat, bring the water to a boil for 10 minutes. Next, remove saucepan from heat and run cold water over the hardboiled egg to stop the cooking process.
- While waiting for the hard-boiled egg to be ready, crack the two other eggs into a heated saucepan and cook some scrambled eggs. You can do this by using only low fire and stirring the eggs constantly. Make sure the eggs do not stick to the sides or bottom of the pan. Add a pinch of salt, pepper, cheese, and milk if desired.
- Once your scrambled eggs are done, remove the eggs from saucepan and arrange them on top of the lettuce. This will form the turtle's body.
- Heat 2 hot dogs in a microwave oven.
- As you're waiting for your hot dogs to cook, peel the shells off the hard-boiled egg.
- Arrange the hard-boiled egg on top of the lettuce, below the scrambled eggs, to form the turtle's head.
- Put two drops of mayonnaise at the top of the boiled egg where the turtle's eyes will be.
- Place 2 very small cucumber slices over the mayonnaise and allow the mayonnaise to hold cucumbers in place.
- Dip black olives into the mayonnaise and place olives on top of the cucumbers. Allow mayonnaise to hold black olives in place. This completes the turtle's eyes.
- Dip a thin strip of red bell pepper into mayonnaise and place it at the bottom of the egg to form the mouth.
- Take a knife and cut each hot dog evenly into two pieces. Make two slits into each end of the hot dogs to form toes. Arrange the 4 pieces of hot dogs at the corners of your scrambled egg to complete the turtle's legs.