Swaying Trees Fruit Platter Recipe
Watch your little ones giggle with delight while munching on healthy bits of fruits, eating their way through an island filled with swaying palm trees.
The best thing is, you can even use this dish to sneak in a little lesson on geography and climate. How much do the your children know about tropical islands? Okay, so palm trees aren’t really made of bananas… but after seeing the swaying trees fruit platter, your kids will probably want to know what island life is really like. So, spark their imaginations and their appetite for healthy foods by telling them about exotic fruits and tales about Robinson Crusoe.
When you combine family, fun, and tasty foods, the sky is the limit. Just watch out for little hands sneaking samples while you prepare the fruits. Yes, with this dish, you might find your children trying to steal extra fruits when you’re not looking!
Get more yummy food art ideas.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 2 bananas
- 1 slice of lemon
- 4 cups of sliced kiwi (approximately 10 to 12 kiwis sliced evenly)
- 2 cups of diced mangos
- 1 cup of diced oranges
- 1 cup of diced pineapple
Prep time: 20 mins
- Slice the kiwi slices into halves. Next, take 3 kiwi halves and cut them into cubes.
- Peel bananas and cut into even slices.
- Place the bananas slices on your serving plate and arrange them into 2 portions that are leaning away from each other. These will form 2 tree trunks.
- Place approximately 15 kiwi halves at the top of both banana trunks. Place a handful of diced mangoes on one portion of kiwis. Place a handful of diced oranges on the other portion of kiwis.
- Place a lemon slice between the two tree tops to form the sun.
- Place remaining mangoes, oranges, and cubed kiwis at the bottom of the banana trees to form ground.
- Enjoy your swaying trees fruit platter!