Sunshine Marinated Mushrooms Recipe
This simple marinated mushroom dish goes well with steaks, chicken, fish fillet, and just about any main dish you could think of. It’s also simple to prepare as no cooking is required. So, go ahead and turn those plain button mushrooms into a juicy and excellent side dish!
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 1 package small button mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons shallots, finely minced
- 1 large sweet orange, zested and juiced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, minced
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons light olive oil (8 oz.)
Prep time: 2 hours 15 mins
Cook time: 0 mins
Total time: 15 mins
- In a large bowl, combine the shallots, orange zest and juice, lime zest and juice, minced thyme, white wine vinegar, salt, and olive oil. Whisk this mixture thoroughly.
- Next, rinse and add the button mushrooms into the bowl. Toss the mixture until the mushrooms are evenly coated with the dressing.
- Cover the bowl with a proper plastic food wrap (be sure to cover the bowl neatly as exposed mushrooms would dry out in a refrigerator) and put it in the refrigerator for about 1 to 2 hours. Stir several times during the marinating period and remember to cover the bowl every time.
- Place the dish in a covered container to transport to dinner parties or picnics. Serve the dish at room temperature in a large bowl or set up a tiny cocktail plate with cute spears or toothpicks.