Simple Chocolate Truffles Recipe
Are you looking for the perfect birthday present or treat to give a loved one, or do you just want to reward yourself or someone special with a mouth-watering dessert? Well, whatever the occasion, chocolate truffles are a wonderful choice. This simple chocolate truffles recipe takes you through the process of making a delicious snack so that you can enjoy the rich flavor of these healthy ingredients while they're still fresh.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 250g dark chocolate
- 75g cocoa butter
- 40g unsalted butter
- 150g cream. This homemade cashew and vanilla cream would make a great choice.
- 2 tablespoons of water (optional)
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 hour 30 mins
Total time: 1 hour 40 mins
Serves: 1 small bowl
- Place a pot with at least 1 liter of water over high heat and bring the water to a simmer.
- Chop the chocolate into tiny pieces and place them in a small bowl or pot.
- Melt the chocolate pieces by placing them inside the pot of hot water. Make sure the bottom of the bowl/pot holding the chocolate pieces is in contact with the hot water.
- Add the 2 optional tablespoons of water into the bowl to help the chocolate melt faster. This step is optional as it may cause the chocolate to clump up into an oily mess.
- Once the chocolate has completely melted, pour in the cream. Stir continuously until the cream mixes with the chocolate. Make sure to heat the cream before adding it.
- Add in the butter and stir until it melts.
- Turn off heat. Take your chocolate, cream and butter mixture, and pour it into a bowl.
- Cover the liquid mixture with a film wrap and place the bowl in the refrigerator for about 1 hour to thicken the mixture.
- Pour cocoa powder into a small bowl and remove the thickened butter/cream/chocolate mixture from the freezer.
- Using a small ice-cream scoop or spoon, take small amounts of the mixture and roll them between the palms of your hands to form small balls.
- Roll each chocolate ball in the cocoa powder until well coated.
- Place the chocolate truffles in a serving bowl and enjoy!