Simple Banana Chocolate Sauce Recipe
Chocolate and bananas always make a great combination be it in milkshakes, smoothies or mousses. So why not spice up your desserts with these two complementing ingredients?
In the following recipe, we'll be combining the bitterness of dark chocolate and mild sweetness of bananas to create a delicious yet healthy homemade snack. The best part is that this simple banana chocolate sauce dessert is easy to prepare and it will be ready in no time.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
For the Chocolate Sauce:
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 cup of whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons of low fat or skimmed milk
For the Garnish:
- Cashew nuts, walnuts, pistachios, pecans, peanuts, or any other nuts you prefer
Other Necessary Ingredients:
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and cut into half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of cashew and vanilla cream
- Vanilla essence
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Serves: A few small bowls
- First, we'll prepare the chocolate sauce. Begin by combining milk and beaten whipped cream in a broad non-stick pan. Continue stirring and let the mixture come to a boil.
- Add cacao powder to the mixture and stir. Once cacao powder mixes thoroughly with the cream, set the mixture aside and let it cool to room temperature.
- Place your bananas in a small bowl and mash them using a fork.
- Combine the mashed bananas and chocolate sauce in a separate bowl and mix gently. Add 1 tablespoon of honey and a pinch of vanilla powder to taste. Keep stirring the chocolate-banana mixture until you end up with a smooth, thick sauce.
- Serve in small bowls and garnish with your favorite nuts.
You can choose to blend the bananas with 1 tablespoon of honey and vanilla essence instead of mashing them with a folk. Not only is this method faster, it will also ensure that there are no lumps in your banana chocolate sauce.