Salted Caramel With Nut Topping Recipe
Salted caramel is needed to make all sorts of desserts and learning how to make it is a necessity for avid bakers.
In this recipe, I'll show you how to make salted caramel in all its sweet, sticky, buttery, salted, and sugary goodness... with the extra twist of nut toppings.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 200g of granulated white sugar
- 100g of salted butter cut into several cubes
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Half a cup of heavy cream
- Half a cup of your favorite nuts
Prep time: 0 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Serves: 1 bowl
- Begin by placing the nuts in a frying pan and toasting them over medium heat until they turn golden brown. Set the nuts aside once they're ready.
- Place the sugar in a wide, heavy-bottomed, medium-sized saucepan and melt it over medium heat. Constantly stir the sugar or swirl the saucepan until a thick brown liquid is formed. Make sure not to burn the sugar.
- Once all the sugar has melted, pour in the butter cubes a few at a time and keep stirring until all of it has completely melted.
- Slowly pour in the half a cup of heavy cream while continuing to stir the mixture.
- Once you've added all of the cream, allow the mixture to boil for 1 minute before removing the saucepan from heat. (Boiling helps the sauce to thicken.)
- Stir in salt and then sprinkle the nuts on the salted caramel sauce.
- Allow the sauce to cool before using.
Note: You can combine the first two steps by melting your sugar alongside the toasted nuts instead of setting them aside.