Sail Away Melon Salad with Rum Recipe
Are you planning a picnic with your friends before the summer holidays are over? If so, you can surprise them with an inspiring melon salad with rum dessert that will help them beat the heat and help keep everyone cool and refreshed!
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 of a watermelon
- 1 honeydew melon
- 1 cantaloupe
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 1 min
Total time: 21 mins
- Pour the water into a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat, then add sugar and stir. Reduce the heat and let this mixture simmer for 3 more minutes.
- Pour rum into the water and sugar mixture. Stir well and then let the mixture simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and let the mixture cool for a few minutes. As it cools, add in lime juice and lime zest. Stir well and set aside.
- Cut the melons into heart shapes or balls using a melon-baller if you have one. If you don't have a melon-baller, you can just chop the melon into bite size cubes.
- Put the cut melons into a big bowl and add blueberries.
- Pour the sugar/rum mixture over the fruit mixture and swirl smoothly to mix well.
- Cover bowl with plastic food wrap and put in a chiller until ready to serve at your picnic site.