Red Peppers, Artichokes, Olives and Basil Salad Recipe
A salad of marinated mushrooms and artichokes is a delectable dish that can be savored for breakfast or as an early dinner. Complete with the health of olives, spice of red peppers, freshness of basil salad, and the nutritive benefits of artichoke, this dish nourishes you, fights your body fat, and will keep your tummy happy. Moreover, it's surprisingly simple to prepare, which makes it the perfect dish to entertain crowds, sudden guests, or a last minute addition to your brunch menu.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 2 cans artichoke hearts, drained and dried
- 1 pound button mushrooms, sliced into halves
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 10 to 12 garden fresh leaves of basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh red and black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces olives
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 0 mins
Total time: 15 mins
- In a medium sized bowl, put in red peppers, red onion, artichokes and mushrooms and then set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the rest of the ingredients until they form a thickened mixture.
- Pour this dressing into the large bowl of vegetables and mix everything until well-combined.
- This completes your mushroom artichoke marinated savory basil salad! You can serve this fresh at room temperature or even slightly chilled.