Raspberry Parfait Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Even if you're trying to adopt a healthy lifestyle by exercising regularly and following a strict diet, it doesn't you cannot indulge in snacks and scrumptious looking desserts every now and then. In fact, there are many finger-licking desserts you can make and eat at home without compromising on your fitness goals. One such delicious treat is the raspberry parfait chocolate mousse.
Featuring a sweet chocolatey-flavor, this dessert is both mouth-watering and nourishing to the body thanks to the raspberry and cacao powder ingredients.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
Prep time: 2 hours 45 mins (includes chilling time)
Cook time: 0 mins
Total time: 2 hours 45 mins
- Begin by preparing the chocolate mousse. Combine hot water, cacao powder, and vanilla extract in a high power blender and blend until smooth.
- Add in skim or nut milk, yogurt, and natural sweetener into the blender and blend until the ingredients form a thick and smooth chocolate mousse. Transfer the mousse to a bowl and place in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours to set.
- While the chocolate mousse chills, take 1 cup of the frozen raspberries and blend to create a smooth puree (sorbet).
- Cut the remaining raspberries into halves to use as garnish for the dessert.
- Remove the chilled chocolate mousse from fridge and start layering your raspberry parfait chocolate mousse in a tall glass or a small bowl. Begin by adding a layer of the chocolate mousse followed by several tablespoons of the blended raspberries and then top with a second mousse layer.
- Add a few of the cut raspberries on top of the second chocolate mousse layer.
- Chill the raspberry parfait chocolate mousse for 30 minutes before serving.