Peanut Butter and Cacao Nibs Recipe
Are you a big chocolate fan? If so, what better way to enjoy your favorite snack than making it at home? With the right ingredients, making homemade chocolate is simple and fun. And to demonstrate how easy it is, I'll share with you a simple peanut butter and cacao nibs recipe you can make with just a few easy to find ingredients.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- Pestle and mortar
- 1/2 oz. cacao butter
- Food processor or blender
- Saucepan or baine-marie
- 2 small bowls
- Ice cube tray
Prep time: 1 hour 20 mins (including chilling time)
Cook time: 20 mins (including roasting time)
Total time: 1 hour 40 mins
- Grind the cacao nibs in a pestle and motor. Pour in a bowl and set aside.
- Melt about half an ounce of cacao butter in a shallow saucepan or double boiler over low heat. When the butter has melted completely, add coconut milk, 1 tablespoon spoon maple syrup, and ground cacao nibs. Keep stirring for about 3 to 5 minutes until thick molten chocolate forms.
- Fill each slot of an ice cube tray with melted chocolate. Refrigerate for about 1 hour so that the chocolate cubes can form.
- Optional: Roast the peanuts. Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and toast the peanuts on a baking sheet. You can skip this step if you have pre-toasted nuts or prefer raw peanut butter. However, roasting loosens the oils in the peanut butter and adds a deeper flavor.
- Transfer the peanuts to a food processor or blender. It's important to do this while they're still warm if you chose to roast the nuts. Run the food processor or blender for 5 minutes while stopping mid-way to scrape the sides. Next, add in salt and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup. It's fine to process the peanuts for longer if required until you end up with a completely smooth butter. When ready, the peanut butter can be served immediately or stored in a container and refrigerated for later use.
- When the chocolate cubes have solidified, break them from the ice cube tray. Place the peanut butter in a small bowl or sugar dish. Enjoy your peanut butter dip and cacao nibs chocolate bars.