Oven-Baked Mini French Toast Recipe
These mini bites are just the right size for small fingers. Add them into soup, dip them into a special homemade sauce, or pack them into bento box school lunches - there are just too many ways to get your french toast fix with this dish!
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 10 to 12 slices of bread, cut into 2-inch strips
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Prep time: 1 hour 10 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Total time: 2 hours
- In a small bowl, whisk the brown sugar and cinnamon together and set aside.
- Spread melted butter along the bottom of 11" x 7" baking dish. Layer the bread strips on top of the butter and sprinkle with 1/2 of the sugar mixture. Make another layer of bread and sprinkle with the remaining sugar mixture.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Pour mixture over the bread evenly and cover with foil. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake covered for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes or until top is crispy.
- Serve with syrup.