Nutritious Chocolate Coconut Sorbet Recipe
If you need a versatile dessert that can be served during any occasion, then this nutritious chocolate coconut sorbet would make a great option. Thanks to this dessert's non-dairy, creamy, and rich chocolaty flavor with a hint of coconut, it will make the perfect dessert for a formal dinner party, a small get-together with friends, and even a lazy sunny afternoon with family. The best part is you can have a ton of this dessert ready to eat without having to spend a lot of money in the supermarket. All you have to do is gather the following ingredients and follow the preparation steps below.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 250 grams semi-sweet dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
Prep time: 6 hours
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 6 hours 10 mins
- Combine water, coconut palm sugar, vanilla, and salt in a saucepan. Allow the mixture to boil over medium heat while stirring continuously.
- Remove the syrup from heat and add in the chopped chocolate pieces. Continue to stir as the chocolate melts. Stir in coconut milk and vanilla until all ingredients are well combined.
- Chill the ice cream mixture in the fridge for several hours until thoroughly cold and hardened.
- Remove from fridge and run through an ice cream maker as per the manufacturer's instructions. When ready to serve, you can use a mint leaf to garnish the sorbet.
Freezing an ice cream maker's bowl before using the device helps to ensure the perfect ice cream consistency. So, place your device’s bowl in the fridge along with the ice cream mixture.
The chocolate coconut sorbet is ready to eat immediately after you run it through the ice cream maker. You can transfer it to serving bowls and enjoy as it is, or dress it up in a variety of ways. Some delicious dressing options include a sprinkle of cocoa powder, pouring a generous amount of chocolate sauce over the sorbet, garnishing it with sliced almonds, or adding a bit of light caramel.