No-Sugar Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Sugar-free chocolate mousse is a delightful and healthy dessert. Its velvety smooth texture and rich flavor will definitely the highlight of any festive celebration. And due to the no-sugar factor, you can enjoy this delicious dessert without having to worry about packing on extra pounds. Whether you're on a low-sugar diet, hosting a big dinner party, or want to prepare a light family snack, this no-sugar chocolate mousse dessert would make an excellent choice.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cacao powder. You can also use carob powder, which is less bitter than cacao powder.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk. Alternatively, you can use preservative-free coconut milk or any other nut milk.
- 1 cup water
- 12 grams plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons or 1/2 cup of a natural sweetener (coconut palm sugar, honey, date paste, or maple syrup are all great choices)
Prep time: 6 hours 5 mins (includes chilling time)
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 6 hours 15 mins
- Heat the water over medium heat. Add in cacao or carob powder, milk, and sweetener to the hot water and mix everything until well-combined.
- Cook the chocolate mixture until it becomes thick. Make sure to stir constantly to prevent it from burning. Set aside once ready.
- Pour the yogurt into a bowl and mix in the vanilla. Stir until a fluffy mixture forms.
- Add the just prepared chocolate to the yogurt-vanilla mixture and stir until both mixtures mix completely and uniformly.
- Cover the bowl and chill the chocolate mousse for a period no less than a couple of hours. Make sure the chocolate mousse is firm before you remove to serve.
- To serve the chocolate mousse, place it in small bowls and top it with whipped cream, raspberries, or any other topping of your choice.