Musician Rabbit Ham and Cheese Sandwich Recipe
Although gathering the required ingredients is easy for this sandwich, slicing and cutting and arranging the cut-out pieces will require some knife skills and patience. I encourage you to give the sandwich a try, though, since you'll be able to snap loads of pictures of your creation and show it off to the world as soon as it’s complete!
For other food ideas that don’t require top-notch knife cutting skills, be sure to see what else I have here.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1 slice of wheat bread
- 2 slices of Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3 slices of fresh deli ham
- 1 fresh carrot
- 1 avocado
- 1 bundle of fresh chives
- 1 slice of salami
- 2 English peas
- 3 black, medium-sized pitted olives
- 4 kernels of corn
- 1 tomato
Prep time: 25 mins
- Cut the avocado into a small semi-circle. This will go on top of the carrot.
- Take one slice of ham and cut it in half. Cut half of that slice into an oval. This will form the rabbit's body.
- Take the remaining portion of the half piece of ham and cut out a small oval piece. Make two slits at the larger end. This will form the rabbit's hand on the left.
- Using the final portion of the half piece of ham, cut a medium-sized length of ham out and make two slits. This will form the rabbit's arm on the right.
- Take a new piece of ham and cut it into half. From one of the halves, half it once more into two even oblong and oval-shaped pieces. These will form the rabbit's legs.
- Cut the remaining half of the piece of ham into two bunny-shaped feet with three toes.
- Take a third piece of ham and cut it into a medium-sized round shape. This piece will form the rabbit's ears, face, and hair.
- To form the rabbit's ears, cut out a square block of ham from the medium-sized round shape ham. Ensure that there are a few jagged sides at the bottom left and right side of where the rabbit's face is. This will create the impression of hair.
- Take one piece of cheese and cut two small circles. This will form the base of where the rabbit's whiskers will grow out from.
- Take one black olive and cut a small triangle shape out of it. This will form the rabbit's nose.
- Take the tomato and slice it in half. Take one half and cut a semi-circle. This will form the rabbit's mouth.
- Take the salami piece and cut into half. Take one half and cut into two skinny crescent-shaped pieces that will fit inside the bunny ears. Take the other half and cut into six mini circles, two small oblong circles and two small circles, to form paddings on the rabbit's feet.
- Take 2 pieces of chives and cut them into three even pieces each. These will form the rabbit's whiskers.
- Place the slice of bread on the lettuce leaves. Spread mayonnaise over bread and layer the full piece of cheese over the mayonnaise.
- Place the head of the bunny toward the top, with the ears rising above the edges of the bread.
- Place the oval body underneath the head, with the edges touching.
- Place the leg pieces at the end of the body.
- Place the bunny feet pieces at the very bottom of the feet pieces, with the toes pointing outward.
- Place the two crescent-shaped salami pieces inside the ears, with the edges facing inward.
- Place two black olives toward the top of the rabbit's face, with the opening facing outward. Place peas inside the black olives. This completes the rabbit's eyes.
- Place the semi-circle pieces of the cheese below the black olive eyes. Next, put the tomato piece at the bottom of the cheese circles, with the cheese circles overlapping the tomato circle.
- Place the small black olive triangle at the line where the cheese circles meet.
- Place two whole kernels of corn on each side of the cheese, with the round edges facing outward. Place the remaining two kernels on top of the tomato piece, at the edge of the cheese circles.
- Place three evenly cut pieces of chives on the left corn, facing outward to form whiskers. Do the same for the right side. This completes the rabbit's nose and mouth.
- Place the carrot diagonally across the body of the bunny. Take the avocado circle and place it at the large end of the carrot. Stick the remaining chives inside the avocado to form the top of the carrot.
- Place the smaller rabbit paw on top of the carrot and the longer rabbit arm across the bottom of the carrot.
- Place the three tiny salami circles at the toes of the bunny feet.
- Next, place the medium-sized oval salami pieces in the center of the feet and the circle salami piece at the heel of the feet.
- Enjoy your sandwich!