Messy Wizard Kid Sandwich Recipe
This magical sandwich can be conjured up in just a few minutes. It’s also easy enough for young chefs to create with the proper guidance. Throw in some Abracadabra and a voila! You'll be the coolest mom or dad on the planet when you reveal this sandwich for lunch.
If you want to inspire wonderment and appreciation in the boys and girls you're feeding, consider replicating the boy on the sandwich to match their favorite wizard's physical attributes. (Will that be dorky-looking Harry Potter or pretty Hermoine Granger?)
No matter who you eventually end up eating for lunch, you'll definitely be creating an enchanting memory that will be remembered forever.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 1 Slice of bread
- 1 slice of cheese
- 1 slice of cured ham or deli ham
- 1 can of whole kernel corn
- 1 handful of shredded carrots
- 1 cherry tomato
- 1 piece of lettuce
- 1 egg
- 1 black olive
- 1 green olive
- 1 can of carrots
Prep time: 20 mins
- Place egg in a saucepan and cover with cool water until the water is 1-inch above the egg. Bring water to a boil over medium heat. Add a pinch of salt. When the water has reached a boil, cover and remove from heat.
- Remove the egg to a colander and place it under cool, running water.
- Peel egg and slice into half from top to bottom. Set aside.
- Slice cherry tomato in half and remove seeds.
- Drain whole kernel corn.
- Slice green olive into quarters. Set aside.
- Slice black olive into halves.
- Slice ham into a large triangle (with one rounded edge).
- Slice the remaining ham into a smaller triangle with a rounded edge and two small, even semi-circles (these will be the arms).
- Place lettuce on plate.
- Place bread slice in the middle of the lettuce and then place cheese slice on bread.
- Place the large triangle of ham toward the bottom of the cheese, leaving a little room for the legs, with the round side pointing down.
- Place the medium-sized triangle in the middle of the larger triangle.
- Place one half of the boiled egg white at the top of the triangles (pointed side) to create the wizard's head.
- Place the semi-circle ham slices toward the top of each side of the pointed side of triangle hams.
- Place a small piece of black olive at each end of the larger triangle ham to create the legs. Point the smooth side downward with round side touching the ham.
- Place one string of parsley in one hand for the stem of the flower. Place 5 kernels of corn in a round shape around the parsley. Place a piece of green olive in the center to complete the flower.
- Place another string of parsley, removing all leaves, at the other hand to create the wizard's wand. Place one half of the cherry tomato at the top of the parsley.
- Place some shredded carrots at the top of the boiled egg to create the hair.
- Use mustard to form two circles in the center of the medium-sized slice ham triangle (for buttons). Also use the mustard to draw eyes and mouth on the boiled egg.
- Place two tiny pieces of chopped black olives in the center of the mustard eyes.