Made with Love Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
This is a simple chicken noodle soup recipe where you don't have to cook the chicken hours and hours before it's time to eat. If you're packing this dish into your child's bento box to take to school, remember to invest in a good thermos and leak-proof container so that the soup doesn't spill out.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 1 pound of boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced (leaves included)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups water
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
There's no need to cook the chicken ahead of time – just cook it in the same pot with the rest of the ingredients.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- In a medium-sized pot or Dutch oven, combine everything together except the noodles.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer. Stir occasionally.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from pot. Cut the meat into small pieces and then add it back into the pot.
- Bring the soup back to a boil and stir in the noodles.
- Cook for another 10 minutes or until noodles are tender.