Maca Chocolate Barks With Nuts Recipe
The best part about making homemade chocolate is that you can pack it with nutritious ingredients. In the following recipe, I'll be sharing how you can use nut toppings and Maca powder to create a delicious yet healthy chocolate dessert.
Maca comes from the roots of a special plant that's grown on the foothills of Peru. It provides a rich source of potassium, iron, manganese, copper, as well as Vitamins B6 and C. Apart from its numerous health-loving ingredients, this following Maca chocolate barks with nuts treat is super easy to make.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 8 oz. raw cacao butter
- 3.5 oz. raw cacao powder
- 95g coconut palm sugar
- 1 heaping tablespoon of Maca root powder
- 1.5 cups of your favorite nuts (chopped)
Prep time: 1 hour 20 mins (includes chilling time)
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 1 hour 25 mins
- Mix cacao butter, cacao powder, and coconut sugar in a shallow pan or bain-marie and let the mixture melt over low heat. When the mixture is 50% melted, begin to stir thoroughly with a wooden spoon or spatula.
Tip: You can grate the cacao butter beforehand. The smaller shreds of butter will melt faster than one big lump.
- Remove the chocolate mixture from heat after it has completely melted.
- Pour the chocolate batter into a food processor or high-speed blender. Add in Maca powder then blend on low, medium, and high setting for 5, 10, and 30 seconds respectively.
- Once blended, pour the mixture into a clean bowl and start to aerate your chocolate with a wooden spoon. The chocolate will naturally start to thicken as the temperature comes down to around 31 degrees.
- Pour the semi-cooled chocolate mixture into a large tray lined with baking sheet. How thin or thick the chocolate barks should be will be entirely up to you, as this can be controlled when you're spreading the chocolate mixture on the tray. Sprinkle the chopped mixed nuts on the surface to decorate your Maca chocolate bark.
- Place the tray into the fridge for an hour so that the chocolate crystal structure can set. When ready, simply remove the baking sheet from the tray then break the Maca chocolate barks with nut toppings into pieces and enjoy!