Ladybugs Sandwich Recipe
These ladybugs sandwiches are so simple to make that even young kids will have no problems putting them together. The ingredients are easy to assemble and each ladybug comes out a little different from the next.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 4 slices of white bread
- 4 slices of American cheese
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1 slice of carrot
- 7 slices of swiss cheese
- 8 whole, pitted, black olives
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Handful of parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prep time: 20 mins
- Cut the bread pieces into 7 triangles that are equal in size.
- Cut the American Cheese slices into 7 triangles that are equal in size to the triangular bread pieces.
- Cut medium-sized round circles in the Swiss Cheese, one circle for each bread triangle.
- Cut cherry tomatoes into halves and remove the seeds. These will form the 7 ladybugs' bodies.
- Cut 4 black olives into halves. These will form the 7 ladybugs' heads.
- Slice the 4 remaining black olives into small strips to form the legs. Use 3 of the slices to cut out tiny circles to form the spots on the ladybugs' bodies.
- Remove the parsley leaves from stems. Discard stems. Keep 4 leaves and mince the other leaves.
- Spread mayonnaise on each bread slice.
- Place triangle American cheese pieces on the triangle bread slices. Place the Swiss cheese circles at the edge, on top of the American cheese.
- Place tomato halves in the center of the American cheese circles. Take the small circles of black olives and press them into the tomatoes to form the spots on a ladybug's body.
- Place a black olive half at the end of each cherry tomato. Place 2 dots of mayonnaise on each black olive halve to form eyes.
- Place three black olive slices on each side of the tomatoes to form legs. Place one more American cheese circle in the center of the bread slices. Cut slits in the carrot slice to create a flower.
- Place this carrot at the center of the cheese circle. Place parsley leaves around the carrot.
- Sprinkle diced parsley on the American cheese slices.