Homemade Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffles Recipe
Chocolate truffles can be a great treat especially when the need to indulge in some sweet cravings hit. But if you only get to enjoy these delicious snacks during the occasional visit to your local confectionery shop, then you're missing out on the joy of making them at home.
Although these homemade peanut butter chocolate truffles take a bit of time to prepare, they're undoubtedly easy to make. And unlike the sugar and fat laden store bought truffles, the ingredients chosen for this recipe are all completely healthy.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
Prep time: 3 hours 45 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 4 hours 15 mins
Serves: 1 bowl
- Mix the cacao butter, coconut milk and coconut whipped cream in a saucepan and warm the mixture over medium heat. Let the mixture melt, then add cacao powder (keep a bit to use later for coating) and maple syrup. Continue stirring the chocolate mixture until you end up with a thick yet consistent truffle batter. Refrigerate the chocolate truffle mixture for 3 hours until firm.
- Meanwhile, place the pre-shelled peanuts on a baking sheet and roast them in an oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until they're golden brown or glossy with oil. When the nuts are still warm, transfer them to a food processor, add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, and blend for 5 minutes. Remember to stop midway to sprinkle in some sea salt and scrape down the bottom and sides of the bowl. When processing the peanuts, increase the speed gradually and stop when a smooth butter has formed. Scrape the homemade peanut butter from the food processor and transfer it to a baking tray lined with wax paper.
- Using a melon baller, scoop out round balls of the chocolate truffle mixture you had prepared earlier. Roll each ball on the pre-made peanut butter and set aside.
- Once you have coated all the chocolate truffles with peanut butter, sprinkle them with sweetened cacao powder until evenly coated. You can use a fork to hold the truffle balls over cacao powder to make coating easy.
- These peanut butter chocolate truffles are best served when chill. Therefore, make sure to refrigerate them for about 20 minutes before serving.