Homemade Chocolate Pudding With Cream Recipe
Chocolate pudding tastes best when it's fresh and adequately chilled. So, instead of buying pre-packaged chocolate pudding that has probably been in the store for weeks, try making this dessert right from your kitchen at home. With the right ingredients, it will taste just as good as those found on store shelves.
Whether you're planning to host a dinner party or make some desserts for your family, you can be sure that everyone will enjoy and appreciate the heavenly rich flavor of freshly made chocolate pudding.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 170g good quality dark chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups low fat milk or coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon confectioner's sugar
- Pinch of salt
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 1 hour 20 mins
- Whisk together granulated sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and cornstarch in a medium-sized saucepan. Add in milk, vanilla, 1 cup cream, and mix until well combined.
- Chop the chocolate into pieces and add it to the mixture. Cook over medium heat and continue to stir the mixture with a spatula until the chocolate melts and thickens.
- Remove mixture then add egg yolks and butter while stirring. Once properly combined, cook the mixture for another 2 minutes over medium heat.
- The chocolate pudding is now ready. Place it in a large bowl and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Once properly chilled, remove the chocolate pudding and shave off the top layer using a spoon. Set aside the shaved chocolate for garnishing.
- Whip the confectioner's sugar and remaining cream in a small bowl until soft peaks form. Use this mixture for garnishing.
- Pour the cold chocolate pudding into small bowls or dessert cups. Garnish each serving with cream and a sprinkle of the shaved chocolate.