Homemade Chocolate Fondue Recipe
Dipping fresh fruits and nuts into warm chocolate fondue on a cold day or enjoying ice cream topped with homemade chocolate fondue on a hot summer afternoon are among the few of life's little pleasures everyone should enjoy. However, the extent to which you get to indulge in these moments highly depends on where you get to eat your chocolate fondue.
In most cases, many chocolate lovers only get the chance to experience this decadent treat at high-end chocolate parlors. And all too often, the commercial chocolate fondue variety tends to be filled with fats, sugar, and all sorts of unhealthy ingredients.
But with this recipe, you'll now be able to make a super delicious and healthy chocolate fondue at home that's sure to give you moments of pure bliss each time you savor it!
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 250 grams dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of mixed green grapes and strawberries (or any assortment of berry fruits of your choice)
Prep time: 0 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Serves: 1 skewer
- Combine chocolate and milk in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over moderate heat. Stir constantly until chocolate melts and combines thoroughly with milk. The milk and chocolate mixture should be smooth. So, feel free to add more milk if it comes out too thick or looks curdled. You can also use a fondue pan or a simmering water bath to form the milk and chocolate mixture.
- When you achieve the perfect consistency, remove mixture from heat and stir in the vanilla and butter.
- Transfer to serving bowls and serve the chocolate fondue along with the berries and forks, skewers, or swizzle sticks, for dipping.
Making chocolate fondue is as easy as the 3 steps mentioned above. The best part is this dessert leaves a lot of room for experimentation. You can do anything from adding a touch of your favorite flavored liqueur to replacing milk with cream or half-and-half. Alternatively, you can serve the chocolate fondue with anything you like from a handful of graham crackers and brownies to pretzels and even bananas.