Homemade Chocolate Brownies Recipe
Do you regularly host parties and are constantly looking for delicious recipes to delight your guests? If so, this chocolate brownies recipe is worth learning and you can rest assured it will leave everyone drooling for more.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 350g dark chocolate cut into small pieces
- 250g unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 250g caster sugar
- 100g plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Oil for greasing
- 1/4 cup nuts of your choice, toasted and chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Prep time: 15 mins + 24 hours chilling time
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 1 day 45 mins
- Pre-heat oven to 1800 C and grease a square cake pan. Alternatively, you can simply line the baking pan with non-stick baking paper.
- Heat the sugar, butter, and chocolate in a saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth. Stir constantly to prevent the ingredients from burning. Set aside to cool slightly once ready.
- Whisk eggs and cacao powder in a bowl until smooth and fluffy. You can also add a teaspoon of vanilla extract if you wish.
- Fold the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and whisk until well combined.
- Sift flour and baking powder over the mixture and stir to combine.
- Fold in nuts and pour the brownie mixture onto the prepared baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Make sure the top or your chocolate brownie is crusty and the center soft before removing from oven.
- Refrigerate overnight or place in an airtight container. This aids in cutting the chocolate brownies.
- Cut into small squares and serve.
You can use a serrated knife when cutting the chocolate brownies to give them a unique shape.