Herbed Vinaigrette Bruschetta with Goat Cheese Recipe
Bruschetta make attractive starters and are unbelievably simple to prepare. This classic Italian antipasto evokes a fresh summer atmosphere and is perfect for garden parties, barbecues, and even picnic lunches.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 1 loaf thick crusty bread (French baguettes are perfect!)
- 1 pound goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 fresh lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped dill
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- Pinch of coarse sea salt, to taste
- Pinch of black pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Optional extra: halved cherry tomatoes
- Large mixing bowl
- Large serving tray and tinfoil (if transporting your bruschetta)
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 0 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- Cut the loaf into even slices and toast lightly.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, and honey until well combined.
- Add dill, basil, parsley, red pepper flakes, and stir to combine.
- While whisking constantly, gradually drizzle in the olive oil. Continue to whisk until the mixture is consistent and thickened.
- Arrange the toast on a large flat tray and spread the goat cheese evenly over the pieces.
- Gently drizzle vinaigrette dressing over each piece of toast.
- If desired, top each toast piece with with a cherry tomatoes or two.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt and black pepper, to taste.
If you plan to transport your bruschetta to a picnic or party, you need to be careful that it doesn't fall apart. The toppings are not glued down and putting them into Tupperware will result in a sticky mess! I've found the most effective way is to leave them arranged in a single layer on the serving tray and cover them firmly with tinfoil.