Healthy Maca and Chocolate Smoothie Recipe
If you're looking to start your mornings on a healthy note, adding a maca and chocolate smoothie to your breakfast may be a good way to nourish and prepare your body for the long day ahead. And not only will this chocolaty and nutty flavored smoothie satisfy your chocolate cravings, it will also boost your health in several ways.
Maca is known as a superfood that boosts your immune system, alleviates migraines, reduces stress, and improves memory (among many other benefits). Cacao powder, on the other hand, features a ton of beneficial nutrients including iron, calcium, free radical absorbing antioxidants, heart and brain boosting magnesium, and even mood elevating chemicals.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 2 frozen bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 2 tablespoons maca powder
- 1 tablespoon honey or any other natural sweetener
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 0 mins
Total time: 5 mins
- In a bowl, whisk together maca powder and cacao powder until well combined.
- Transfer this dry ingredients mixture to a high-speed blender. Add in all the other ingredients and blend until smooth.
- When ready, pour into glasses and enjoy.
That's it! All it takes is three simple steps to prepare this tasty and nutritious beverage. Making maca and chocolate smoothie only requires you to mix and blend a bunch of ingredients.
As far as the ingredients are concerned, this recipe only acts as a guide because you can always tweak the ingredients and experiment with different flavors. For instance, you can replace milk with coconut water or even a cup of chocolate milkshake.
Alternatively, you can add other ingredients such as carrots, toasted nuts, or cinnamon when making the smoothie. The range of flavors you can experiment with will only be limited by your imagination.