Healthy Chocolate Smoothie For Breakfast Recipe
If you're into chocolate, you can easily turn your love for this delicious treat into something positive by finding healthy ways of incorporating it into your diet. Nothing screams healthy than the chocolate smoothie borne from this recipe. Unlike the sugar laden smoothies that are normally served at restaurants, this particular serving has replaced empty calories but maintained sweetness with the help of one sliced banana and strawberries.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (you can also use regular milk)
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon honey or natural sweetener of your choosing
- 1/4 cup strawberries, sliced and frozen for garnishing
- A dash of cinnamon
- Handful of mixed nuts
- 1 tablespoon protein powder (optional)
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 0 mins
Total time: 5 mins
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Make sure to stop a couple of times to scrape down the sides of your appliance while blending. This helps to get rid of any stubborn lumps thus ensuring your smoothie comes out nice and smooth.
- When properly blended, transfer the chocolate smoothie to a tall glass, garnish with the frozen strawberries, mixed nuts, mint leaf and enjoy!
The great thing about this chocolate smoothie recipe is that it can be tweaked to suit your personal preferences. For instance, if you're not a fan of bananas, you can substitute the ingredient with strawberries, blueberries, avocado, and even homemade coconut milk. Alternatively, you can increase the milk portion if you don't like your smoothies thick. You can even add more cacao powder to make the chocolate flavor more prominent.