Ham and Cheese Bow Tie Pasta Recipe
With any pasta dish, it's easy to make a large batch and eat them as leftovers any day of the week. You can also add them into your child's bento lunch box as needed.
This dish is healthier than boxed macaroni and cheese but still provides delicious flavors.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 1/2 cups cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces cooked ham, sliced into strips
- Optional: Veggies like cooked carrots, corn, peas, broccoli, beans, cherry tomatoes or green olives.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- Cook and drain pasta.
- In a heated saucepan, melt butter and then saute garlic on medium fire for a few seconds.
- Whisk in flour, salt and pepper, and stir until the mixture has a smooth consistency.
- Add milk and continue stirring while heating to a boil. Allow the mixture boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in mustard and cheese until it melts.
- Stir in cooked noodles and ham cubes until well-coated with melted cheese.