Greek Isles Salmon Spread Recipe
This Greek Isles Salmon Spread has a fresh, summery taste, which makes it perfect for a light Al Fresco or picnic lunch. The delicate salmon fillets are infused with pungent onions, cheese, and fresh dill to create a yummy filling for sandwiches or as an accompaniment for salads.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 1 pound salmon fillets (you can also use fresh salmon sashimi)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup red onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 4 drops Louisiana hot sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Red pepper to garnish
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
- Grill or oven bake the salmon fillets for 20 minutes at 180ºC. Once cooked, they should be tender to the touch but show no translucence in the center. Place them on a rack to cool but don't cover with aluminium foil as this will delay the cooling process. (If you're using fresh salmon sashimi, you can skip this first step.)
- Combine all the remaining ingredients (except red pepper) in a large bowl and mix well. Ensure the cream cheese is distributed evenly and take care not to crush the herbs. Add more salt or pepper to taste if necessary.
- When the salmon has cooled completely, remove the skin and flake the fish gently. Add the pieces to the mixture and coat generously.
- Chill the salmon mixture for at least one hour to allow all the delicious flavors to blend.
- Garnish with thin strips of red pepper.
- Serve with fresh, crispy bread or tortilla chips.