Funny Frog Sandwich Recipe
A group of frogs is called an army. And when you create a multitude of these sandwiches, you’ll soon have a whole army of frogs in your kitchen!
Celebrate all that nature brings by creating a sandwich that gives a nod to this amazing animal and the colorful being that it is.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 2 slices of wheat bread
- 2 bundles of fresh mint
- 2 whole black olives, pitted
- 2 slices of deli ham
- 2 slices of fresh tomatoes
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 slices of cucumber
Prep time: 20 mins
- Spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise on one bread slice. Place this bread slice on your serving plate.
- Take one slice of deli meat and cut an 1-inch strip down the middle. This will create the frog's tongue. Roll the cut meat, leaving a small portion of space at the end to connect to the sandwich.
- Place the flat edge of the rolled deli meat in the center of the bread slice. By placing the straight edge on top of the mayonnaise, it will hold the deli meat in place.
- Place two leaves of lettuce on top of the bread slice and ham.
- Place two tomato slices on top of the lettuce.
- Place the remaining deli meat slice on top of the tomato.
- Top the sandwich with the remaining slice of bread.
- Using the remaining 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise, place two small portions of mayonnaise on top of the bread slice.
- Place the black olives, with open center facing outward, on top of the mayonnaise. Allow the mayonnaise to hold the olives in place.
- Take the cucumber slices and press them down into the bread in an upright position, directly behind the black olives, to complete the eyes.
- Place the fresh mint standing in an upright position behind the cucumber slices by pressing the bottom of the bundle into the bread.