Fruity Watermelon Bowl Recipe
Delicious melon bowls are a great way to eat a wide variety of fruits in a simple yet elegant manner. Here's a great way to present beautifully crafted healthy and refreshing treats that you and others can enjoy!
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 1 cantaloupe
- 1 small watermelon
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Fresh mint leaves
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 0 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Serves: 4 fruit bowls
- Cut both the cantaloupe and watermelon in half. For the cantaloupe, clean out the seeds and pulp.
- Scoop out the remaining fruit inside the cantaloupe and watermelon with a melon baller or another scooping device.
- Place the balls of fruit that you just scooped into a large bowl.
- You should be left with cantaloupe and watermelon "bowls." If they're not standing up straight, slice off tiny portions of the bottoms of the bowls in order to make the bottom flatter so they can stand upright.
- Prepare the other fruit according to the amounts detailed in the list of ingredients. Make sure to measure the amounts correctly so that the final fruit mixture contains the right proportions of fruit.
- Drizzle honey over all of the fruits, sprinkle the mixture lightly with salt, and stir mixture gently to combine all of the ingredients.
- Once mixed well, scoop equal amounts of fruit mixture into each of the melon bowls, cover with plastic food wrap, and set in the refrigerator to chill.
- When the melon bowls are cold enough, take them out of the refrigerator and serve with a sprig of fresh mint on each bowl for presentation and extra taste. If desired, you may also add a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla yogurt according to preference.