Friendly Lioness Sandwich Recipe
Is your child a picky eater? No worries! With this easy friendly lioness sandwich, you’ll be opening your child’s mind and stomach to a world of healthy, yummy foods!
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 1 wheat or white bread bun
- 1 egg
- 1 large sliced tomato
- 1 lettuce leaf
- 3 black olives, pitted
- 1 slice of deli meat (chicken, bologna or turkey work best)
- 1 green olive
- 2 cherry red tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 4 scallions
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 5 toothpicks
Prep time: 20 mins
- Place egg in medium-sized saucepan and cover with water until the water is 1-inch above the egg. Cook on medium heat until water boils. Once water is boiling, cook for another 1 minute and then remove saucepan from heat. Allow egg to remain in water for another 2-3 minutes and then scoop out and run cold water over it. Set aside.
- While the eggs cook, slice cherry red tomatoes in half, slice cucumbers into even slices, slice green olive into even slices, and take one black olive and cut the end off. Next, cut olive into thin slices.
- Place lettuce on the bread.
- Place deli meat on top of lettuce, leaving a small portion hanging out of the sandwich. Fold one side of deli meat over 1/3 of the way to form tongue.
- Cut large tomato into slices and place one slice on top of deli meat (2 slices if preferred).
- Spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise on top of tomato slice.
- Cut scallions into even slices. Place scallions on top of tomato evenly but leave a small space halfway between for black olive.
- Place the top of black olive that you cut off between scallions, halfway between bread.
- Dip black olive slices into mayonnaise and place three on one side and three on the other for whiskers. Place one vertical between the whiskers.
- Place whole black olive onto one end of toothpick and use toothpick to secure black olive horizontally to form nose.
- Use a portion of the remaining 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise to place drops on top of where the lioness's eyes will be.
- Peel boiled egg and cut into even slices, leaving yolk intact. Place one slice on each of the mayonnaise drops, using the mayonnaise to secure egg slices in place.
- Place a slice of green olive on the edge of yolks, facing each other, to begin forming eyes. Place a small piece of black olive inside the green olive. You can use a small amount of mayonnaise to secure these too.
- Place toothpick into the sides of two slices of cucumbers.
- Place toothpick in two of the cherry tomato halves. Secure tomato halves in the middle of the cucumber slices.
- Attach cucumber slices on the edge of top bun to form ears.