Extra Delicious Chocolate Frosting Recipe
Frosting just isn't frosting unless it's made of chocolate, and a bowl of this chocolate frosting makes anything it touches extra delicious. So, whether you're having cake, cupcakes, crackers, or even potato chips, you'll be able to enjoy your snack so much better by simply layering it with chocolate frosting.
The only downside to chocolate frosting is that most commercial options are loaded with preservatives, chemicals, and fats that make them a tad unhealthy. But luckily for you, making healthy chocolate frosting is so easy and can be done in just a few minutes. This recipe shows you the easiest and quickest way.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 1/2 cup unsweetened butter
- 2 cups coconut palm sugar or honey
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 3 to 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet dark chocolate, chopped (optional)
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Serves: 1 bowl
- Place the cacao powder in a bowl and whisk with a hand mixer to remove any lumps.
- In another bowl, beat butter and cream until light and smooth. Add in the cacao powder and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Melt the chocolate and add to the mixture.
- Add in the sugar/honey and milk and beat until smooth and creamy. For best results, add sugar/honey and milk alternatively, a little at a time. Turn mixer on for at least a minute after each addition.
Chocolate frosting should be creamy, smooth, and easy to spread on desserts and snacks. So, feel free to add more milk if your frosting comes out too dry. Alternatively add in more cacao powder if it comes out too watery.
It's advisable to eat the chocolate frosting immediately after making it. However, if you're not ready to use it yet, store in the fridge to keep it fresh. Make sure to beat the chocolate frosting again until fluffy after taking it out from the fridge.