Easter Bunny Sandwich Recipe
In the last few years, the Easter bunny has often been depicted in pastel colors such as pink or yellow, which is what we see in this sandwich. Pastel colors have come to be associated with the Easter holiday, and to some extent, Spring as well. But no matter if it’s Easter or Spring, you can make this sandwich for your little ones anytime of the year.
Get more food ideas for your fussy eaters.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 1 slice of white or wheat bread
- 3 slices of deli ham
- 5 slices of cheese (your choice of cheese)
- Handful of chives
- Black olive slice
Prep time: 20 mins
- Dice black olives slice into very small squares.
- Cut chives in half.
- Cut one slice of cheese into a large oval shape.
- Cut a medium-sized circle from another slice of cheese.
- Slice elongated ear-shaped pieces from two slices of cheese.
- Cut small circles from remaining cheese slices (for feet).
- Using the leftover cheese, cut small semi-circles out to serve as the bunny's paws.
- Cut one large and two smaller circles out of a ham slice.
- Using leftover ham scraps, cut two very small circles of ham out for the bunny's mouth.
- Place a piece of uncut ham slice onto bread.
- Place large oval-shaped cheese toward the bottom of the ham and bread.
- Take the two small circles of cheese (for the feet) and overlap them at the bottom of the oval cheese to begin forming feet.
- Place three chive halves between the bunny's feet and body. This gives the impression of the bunny sitting on a field of grass.
- Place two smaller circles of ham in the center of the cheese feet. Dot with three dots of ketchup at the top to complete each foot.
- Place round cheese circle at the smaller end of the cheese body, slightly overlapping the cheese body, to form head.
- Place larger ham circle in the center of the cheese body, between feet and head.
- Place two semi-circle cheese slices at the sides of the bunny's body to form paws.
- Place the two smallest ham circles toward bottom of the head in a diagonal position. This will form the mouth.
- Place a medium-sized blot of ketchup between mouth pieces. Place two chive halves on each side, facing outward, to form whiskers.
- Place two small squares of black olives evenly above the ketchup blot to form eyes.
- To finish your bunny, take the elongated cheese slices and slide one end under each side of the head. Fold the cheese up and over to form floppy ears.