Double Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
Cheesecake has always been a great snack for special occasions. And when you combine your cheesecake with chocolate, it becomes a combo that will surely delight the taste buds of all your guests! The following double chocolate cheesecake is super easy to make. But before we get started, make sure to have some basic cake baking equipment ready and then visit a grocery store to acquire the required ingredients.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
For The Cheesecake Filling:
- 2 packages of cream cheese (8 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar (crushed with a rolling pin)
- 1 1/2 cups whipped coconut cream
- 3 large organic eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
For The Chocolate Sauce:
- 6 ounces natural unsweetened cacao powder
- 12 ounces cacao butter
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
Prep time: 8 hours 45 mins (includes cooling and chilling time)
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 9 hours 25 mins
Serves: 1 double chocolate cheesecake
Step 1: Prepare the Pan and Oven
- Wrap some heavy-duty foil around the interior of a 9-inch diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch high sides.
- Spray the sides and bottom of the pan with vegetable oil spray. Alternatively, you can put a little melted butter on some kitchen paper and then use it to grease the pan.
- When the cake pan is ready, set it aside and preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 2: Make the Cheesecake Batter
- Meanwhile, mix the coconut palm sugar and cream cheese in a large bowl with an electric whisk until well blended.
- Next, whisk in the whipped coconut cream, eggs, vanilla extract, 6 tablespoons of melted butter, and cornstarch. Keep whisking the batter until it becomes smooth and creamy and then set it aside.
Step 3: Prepare Chocolate Sauce
- In a separate saucepan, melt cacao butter over medium heat. Add whole milk, honey, and cacao powder to the melted butter and stir the mixture until it forms a consistent chocolate sauce.
Step 4: Line the Cheesecake Batter and Bake in a Water Bath
- Mix about half of the cheesecake batter with half of your chocolate sauce. Transfer the mixture to the greased pan.
- Add the remaining cheesecake batter into the pan and level the top evenly.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in a water bath. When ready, turn off the oven and open the door slightly to let the cake cool gradually in the oven for 2 hours. This will prevent cracks from forming on the chocolate cheesecake.
Step 5: Add Second Chocolate Layer and Chill the Cheesecake
- Add the second chocolate layer when the cheesecake has cooled. To do so, heat the remaining chocolate sauce before spreading it on top of the cake's surface.
- Remove the double chocolate cheesecake from the pan and wrap it with foil.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.