Delicious Chocolate Mendiants Recipe
These chocolate mendiants are incredibly satisfying and yummy. They can be enjoyed at any given time and served during all sorts of occasions. If you happen to do a lot of guest entertaining at home, learning how to make this tasty snack will come in handy too.
In the following recipe, you'll learn an easy way to whip up a batch of chocolate mendiants at a moment's notice when you receive some unexpected guests!
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 250g bar of dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup of almonds
- 1/4 cup of pistachios
- 1/4 cup of cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup of hazelnuts
Other topping ideas include toffee pieces, pecans, cookie pieces, macadamia nuts, cranberries, dried apricots, coconut shreds, cherries, and ginger snap.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Chop the chocolate bar into fine pieces and place them in a metallic bowl.
- Pour 1/4 cup of water in a saucepan and bring it to a simmer. Rest the bowl with chocolate over the saucepan, making sure the bottom of the bowl isn't touching the water.
- Grab a spatula/wooden spoon and stir continuously until the chocolate is all melted and smooth.
- Remove melted chocolate from heat and set the mixture aside to cool slightly. Avoid letting the chocolate sit for too long as it will start to set, forcing you to reheat it.
- Transfer the melted chocolate to a piping bag and squeeze out several rounds of the chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet. Alternatively, scoop a spoonful of the chocolate, pour it onto the baking sheet, and spread it lightly with the back of the spoon until it's about the shape of a medium-sized cookie. Repeat this until all the melted chocolate has been spread over the baking sheet.
- Add topping ingredients of your choice on each chocolate piece before the chocolate sets.
- Refrigerate the chocolate mendiants for 15 minutes or until the chocolate hardens.
- Remove from fridge and enjoy. Remember to share this delicious snack with friends and family before you eat the chocolate mendiants all by yourself!