Delicious Chocolate Fondant Recipe
Featuring a crusty top and a molten middle, chocolate fondants are simply irresistible. The best part is you can easily whip up several of this mouth-watering dessert from the comfort of your kitchen even if you're not an expert cook. This recipe shows you how.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 250 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- 300 grams butter
- 6 tablespoons cacao powder
- 250 grams fine granulated sugar
- 250 grams all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Serves: 12 chocolate fondants
- Melt 50 grams of the butter to use for greasing. Get a dozen small pudding molds and brush heavily using upward strokes with the melted butter. Make sure to grease all over the inside of the molds.
- Chill the pudding molds in the fridge for a few minutes and then brush melted butter again over the chilled butter.
- Coat the insides of the pudding molds with cacao powder. For the best results, pour heaped spoonfuls of the cacao powder in 6 of the pudding molds, place the other molds on top of them in an upside down position, and then shake one pair at a time. This saves you time and ensures that all pudding molds are completely coated.
- In a bowl, combine sugar, butter, and chocolate pieces, and melt over hot simmering water. Stir continuously until all 3 ingredients are melted and completely mixed together.
- Add 1 egg at a time and whisk until well combined. Make sure the mixture is smooth and glossy after all the eggs have been added in.
- Fold in the flour a little at a time until you form a loose cake batter.
- Evenly divide the batter between the 12 molds and place them on a baking tray. Set your oven to 2000C and bake for 15 minutes or until just set.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 1 minute before carefully turning out each chocolate fondant onto a plate.
- You can garnish with a scoop of ice cream, whipped cream, or dust a little icing sugar before serving.