Crunchy Chocolate Crackers Recipe
If you enjoy munching on crackers and chocolates, then you'll love this delicious snack. Soft, chewy, and thick, these crackers are loaded with the distinct rich chocolate flavor that makes them super delicious. They taste especially heavenly when enjoyed with a tall glass of milk too!
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 stick of butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 teaspoons of Yacon syrup (or any other preferred natural sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon salt
Prep time: 2 hours 30 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 2 hours 42 mins
- Whisk together flour, cacao powder, baking soda, Yacon syrup, and salt in a bowl. Set aside once the dry ingredients are combined.
- Add the pieces of chilled butter into the flour mixture and mix until the butter is no longer discernible.
- Pour in the milk a little at a time and stir until the cracker dough comes together. Remove dough from bowl, turn it out on a floured surface, and knead for about 5 minutes. When you're done, the dough should be sticky and thick.
- Fold in 1 cup of the chocolate chips/chunks and make sure to disperse them evenly throughout the dough. Next, cover the dough and chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Remove dough from fridge and allow to soften to room temperature for 10 minutes. As that happens, preheat oven to 4500F. (4250F if you're using a convection oven).
- Roll the dough into balls first and then press them between your hands to give them a circular shape. Press a few chocolate chunks/chips on top of each cracker dough and arrange them on 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let the chocolate crackers remain on the baking sheets for another 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Serve the crunchy chocolate crackers when they've completely cooled.