Creamy Chocolate Porridge Recipe
This creamy chocolate porridge makes a great breakfast option. There's simply no better way to start the day than with this mouthwatering treat! Only requiring a few easy-to-find ingredients plus a short preparation time, you don't need to be a professional cook to enjoy this dish. The following recipe will take you through the simple steps of making this heavenly chocolaty goodness in all its glory.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 1 cup oats
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (you can also use other natural sweeteners such as coconut palm sugar, honey, or agave nectar)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons of flax seeds
- 3 to 5 sliced strawberries
- A pinch of salt
Prep time: 0 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- In a saucepan, mix the oats, water, and salt together until all 3 ingredients are well-combined. Place the mixture over low heat and cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- When the oats have softened, add milk and cook for several more minutes until the mixture boils. Stir constantly to prevent the porridge from getting burned.
- Once the milk has been absorbed into the oats mixture, continue cooking until the porridge is ready. You can also add a tablespoon of cornstarch to thicken the chocolate porridge if desired.
- When the porridge is all cooked, remove from heat and stir in the cacao powder, syrup, and flax seeds.
- Transfer to serving bowls and enjoy. You can serve the porridge with sliced strawberries or any other topping of your choosing.
The great thing about chocolate porridge is that you can prepare it to your liking. For instance, if you don't like strawberries, you can swap them out for another fruit. You can add a solution of cacao powder, milk, and sugar to give the porridge a sweeter taste.