Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie Recipe
Chocolate and raspberries make quite the combination. Add a banana into the mix and you have a creamy smoothie packed with nutritious goodness. What's more, raspberries and cacao powder give this smoothie plenty of antioxidant power.
Besides being chock-full of healthy nutrients, this smoothie is super easy to make. It also takes just a few minutes to prepare once you have all the ingredients. Read on to get the complete recipe and start making your breakfast, dessert, or snack times extra special with a tasty chocolate raspberry smoothie!
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 20 oz. frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup dark unsweetened cacao powder
- Date paste
- 2 to 3 ice cubes
- 1 medium-sized frozen banana (optional)
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 0 mins
Total time: 10 mins
- Pour almond milk into the container of an electric blender. Add 3 tablespoons of date paste (or more if desired) to sweeten the smoothie, and a quarter cup of dark cacao powder for that chocolaty flavor. Cover the bowl and process until smooth. Make sure to stop twice to scrape down the sides.
- With the blender running on medium speed, remove the center cap and drop in 10 ounces of frozen raspberries. You can also add one banana to thicken the smoothie. Place the cap back on and process for 3 to 5 minutes or until smooth.
- When ready, serve the smoothie in tall glasses. If preferred, you can drop ice cubes in to chill the smoothie without making it watery or thin. For garnishing, pierce 3 raspberries through a toothpick and place it across the glass.
If you want your smoothie to have a creamy consistency, use a thicker base liquid like Greek-style plain yogurt instead of almond milk.