Chocolate Pecan Banana Smoothie Recipe
When it comes to preparing smoothies, some recipes make good breakfast choices while others are best enjoyed as a dessert. The best types of smoothies, however, are those that taste like a million bucks and yet pack enough nutrients to serve as part of your breakfast.
Take this chocolate pecan banana smoothie for instance – it's a tasty treat that can be enjoyed at any given time due to its nutritional value and yummy taste. So, whether you're looking for a new smoothie recipe to help you start your mornings in a good way, satisfy your mid-afternoon hunger urges, or satisfy your sweet tooth craving in a guilt-free manner, this drink will make a great choice.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 2 frozen bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup pecans, shelled
- 1/2 cup ice
- 2 teaspoons cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
This chocolate pecan banana smoothie can be prepared using raw or toasted pecans. Toasted pecans add flavor to the smoothie. So, if you decide to go with that option, here's what you need to do.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 8 mins
Total time: 28 mins
Serves: 1 cup
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly spritz a baking sheet with cooking spray or grease it with butter.
- Place the pecans on the baking sheet and bake just until they become aromatic and slightly darkened. This can take around 5 to 8 minutes. Pecans are easily scorched so keep a watchful eye over them as they toast.
- Once the pecans are properly toasted, remove from oven and cool them to room temperature before chopping them into fine pieces.
- Place the chopped pecans and the rest of the ingredients in a blender and blend until all ingredients are well combined. Scrape the sides of the blender container and continue blending until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into glasses and serve immediately.
If you're using raw pecans, simply toss them into the blender along with your other ingredients and blend until you get the desired consistency.