Chocolate Oats For Breakfast Recipe
When looking to eat healthy, oatmeal makes a good breakfast option. Rich in fiber, oats offer a whole range of benefits including diabetes prevention, boosting of energy, and protection and nourishment of the skin. In addition to all that, oats also help to reduce the risk of colon cancer and boost heart health.
With that said, this recipe combines the health benefits of oats along with mineral and antioxidant rich dark chocolates to control blood sugar, reduce stress, and improve on brain and heart health. The end result is a delicious and healthy breakfast that's sure to keep your spirits high throughout the day while making you look and feel good.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
For the oatmeal, you'll need:
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
The toppings in turn will require:
- 1 cup sliced cherries
- 1/4 cup ground cacao nibs
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Serves: 2 bowls
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the mixture of oats and coconut milk to a boil while stirring constantly.
- When the mixture reaches boiling point, add honey, cacao powder, and vanilla. Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes until milk is absorbed and the oats soften.
- Depending on how you like your oatmeal, you can keep cooking until it thickens or add more coconut milk until the oatmeal thins.
- Once the oatmeal reaches your desired consistency, stir in the chocolate chips until they melt completely. Remove from heat and allow the chocolate oats to cool.
- Transfer to 2 bowls and top with cherries and ground cacao nibs or grated chocolate.
Other topping options you can experiment with include chocolate chips, jam, nuts, or a sprinkle of cocoa powder.