Chocolate Ice Cream Dripped With Yummy Chocolate Spread Recipe
This recipe requires no fancy ingredients, doesn't have a complicated preparation process, and delivers an abundance of the ice cream that can remain fresh in the freezer for up to a week. There's no doubt about it. You're going to love this chocolate ice cream dripped with yummy chocolate spread!
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
Prep time: 8 hours 25 mins (including freezing time)
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 8 hours 35 mins
- Pour milk and cream into a large saucepan and stir to combine the 2 ingredients. Heat this mixture over medium heat until it's about to reach boiling point.
- Remove the milk and cream mixture from heat and add in chopped chocolate and cacao powder. Continue to stir until the chocolate melts and blends completely with cacao powder to form a smooth mixture. Set the chocolate sauce aside for use later.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks until smooth. Gradually add the agave nectar and stir until mixture thickens.
- Slowly pour about 1/3 of the cream mixture into the egg mixture while stirring/whisking continuously. This helps to ensure that the hot cream mixture doesn't scramble the eggs.
- Whisk in the remaining cream mixture until fully incorporated. Return this mixture to the saucepan and cook over low heat for 5 minutes while stirring continuously. Make sure the ice cream mixture is thick before removing from heat.
- Stir in the vanilla and set the ice cream mixture aside to cool to room temperature. You can use an ice bath to speed up the cooling process.
- Once properly cooled, transfer the chocolate ice cream into an airtight container and refrigerate for 4 to 8 hours.
- Before serving, process the chocolate ice cream in an ice cream maker to achieve the perfect consistency.
- Transfer into serving bowls and drizzle a little chocolate spread on each serving.