Chocolate Explosion Recipe
This chocolate explosion dessert goes out to all chocolate-loving folks out there. It's a simple recipe, healthier than anything you can ever get at a store or restaurant, and tastes really great. Once you master the preparation method, you can customize the ingredients portions to your liking.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
For the Nutella, you'll need:
- 1 cup hazelnuts, skinned and toasted
- 150 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cholesterol-free cooking oil (you can also use walnut, olive, coconut, or canola oil)
- 1 tablespoon dark cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
Other ingredients include:
- 1 cup milk
- 250 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup raspberries
Prep time: 5 hours 20 mins (includes chilling time)
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 5 hours 30 mins
To make the Nutella:
- Melt the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl over hot, simmering water. Stir until smooth and set aside.
- Grind the toasted hazelnuts in a food processor until they form a paste.
- Add in oil, cacao powder, vanilla, and sugar. Process until the mixture is thick and smooth.
- Add in the melted chocolate and blend well. Set aside.
To make the Chocolate Explosion:
- Begin by boiling the milk in a saucepan.
- Once boiled, remove milk from heat and add in chopped chocolate and the Nutella. Stir briskly for a few minutes until a smooth paste forms.
- Let the chocolate explosion cool to room temperature before refrigerating it for at least 5 hours.
- After the chocolate explosion has properly chilled, remove from the fridge, transfer to a bowl, and top with raspberries.