Chocolate Cream Cake With Almond Toppings Recipe
Are you looking for a fun and easy way to incorporate chocolate into a cake? If so, why not experiment with some velvety texture of chocolate cream topped with crunchy almonds? The ingredients used have been chosen with your health in mind. What's more, this recipe is easy to follow and the cake tastes like a million bucks!
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
For the cake, you'll need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup frothy almond milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 250g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- A pinch of salt
For the chocolate frosting, you'll need:
- 1 stick butter
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping preparation, you'll need:
- 1 cup almonds, toasted, shelled, and chopped
Prep time: 40 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hour 25 mins
Serves: 1 cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a large pan and then line it with non-stick baking paper. Set aside when done.
- Put flour, honey, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and whisk until all ingredients are well-combined.
- In another bowl, melt chopped chocolate over hot simmering water. Add milk, eggs, and vanilla to the melted chocolate and whisk until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Stir the dry ingredients mixture into the chocolate/egg/milk/vanilla mixture to form the cake batter.
- Place the batter in the prepared baking pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool once ready.
- While waiting for the cake to cool, prepare the cake frosting by beating butter in a bowl until creamy. Add 1 cup honey and cocoa to the butter and mix well.
- Add milk, a little at time, to the mixture and make sure to stir after each addition. Pour in the vanilla and mix until creamy.
- Spread the frosting on the top and sides of the chocolate cream cake and chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the pre-shelled, toasted almond pieces on the cake and serve.