Chocolate Chips Avocado Mousse Recipe
The great thing about chocolate is that it can be used to make all sorts of desserts and snacks. And one healthy chocolate dessert you can make at home is this yummylicious chocolate chips avocado mousse.
Perfect for both health nuts and chocolate lovers, chocolate chips avocado mousse is both delicious and nutritional thanks to the healthy fats from avocado and the health benefits that dark chocolate offers. Best of all, this is a dish that's very easy to make.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 large avocados
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup honey or any other natural sweeteners such as Agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- A pinch of salt (optional)
Prep time: 40 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Serves: 1 bowl
- Start by preparing your avocados. Remove skin and seeds, and cut into 4 pieces each. Set aside once done.
- Place the chocolate chips into a bowl and melt over hot, simmering water. Stir continuously until completely melted.
- Transfer the melted chocolate and avocados into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the vanilla extract, honey, almond milk, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix until well-blended. Chocolate chip avocado mousse has a creamy, velvety appearance. So make sure to achieve the appropriate texture before you stop blending.
- Place the just prepared chocolate chip avocado mousse in a bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Just before serving, you can garnish with fresh berries, chocolate shavings, chopped nuts, or any other topping of your choice.
When making chocolate chip avocado mousse using this recipe, you can switch around the ingredients to suit your eating preferences. For instance, you can use agave or maple syrup instead of honey if you're vegan. Alternatively, you can reduce the portion of cocoa powder if you dislike its bitter taste.