Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Whether it's the middle of the night with a glass of milk or later afternoon with some juice, these chocolate chip cookies are a great snack that can be enjoyed at any given time. So, having a bulk of this yummy snack stored in your kitchen is a great idea. Just follow this easy chocolate chip cookie recipe to ensure you have several cookies ready to eat whenever the craving strikes.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (peanuts, almond nuts, or hazelnuts will also do)
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3 cups gluten free or whole wheat baking flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large free range eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups of honey
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
Serves: 40 cookies
- Pre-heat oven to 3500 and prep your baking sheet by using non-stick spray or lining it with silicone sheets/parchment paper. This recipe yields around 40 cookies so ensure you prepare a large enough baking sheet.
- Mix the honey and brown sugar in a large bowl until a well-combined sugar mixture forms.
- Melt butter in a microwave or a saucepan over low heat. Cool slightly and pour the melted butter to the sugar mixture a little at a time. Stir after each addition to ensure the butter and sugar combine well.
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla extract to the butter-sugar mixture until you get a smooth mixture.
- In another bowl, whisk the salt, flour, and baking soda. This helps to ensure that these dry ingredients will be evenly distributed in the cookie batter.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet mixture to form the cookie batter.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts and ensure they're evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Scoop the cookie dough a little at a time and press between your hands to form small-sized cookies. Place the cookie dough on the prepared baking sheet leaving 2 inches of space between each cookie.
- Bake for at least 10 minutes. Make sure the edges are nicely browned before removing from oven.
- Transfer the chocolate chip cookies to a cooling rack and cool completely before serving.