Chocolate Brownie Dough Balls Recipe
If you're always on the lookout for new chocolate recipes to experiment with, then look no further because this website has more than a couple for you to pick from!
The following recipe will allow you to make chocolate brownie dough balls with crunchy almonds wrapped around some of the best chocolaty-rich flavors you can get. What's more, they're very easy to make and you won't need any special equipment.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup cacao butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder extract
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat or gluten-free flour
- 2 cups of coarsely chopped almonds
- Sea salt to taste and a pinch of baking soda
Prep time: 1 hour 15 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 1 hour 25 mins
- First, let's make some brownie dough. Mix the butter, almond milk, and honey in the bowl of an electric mixer or blender. Beat the mixture for about 1 minute then add milk and vanilla extract. Finally beat in the flour, some sea salt, and a pinch of baking soda until soft dough forms. If the dough is too dry, add a bit more of almond milk to soften it.
- Roll the batter into small balls using a mini ice cream scoop. On a baking sheet lined with wax paper, place the cookie dough balls an inch apart then transfer them to the freezer for about 30 minutes for the dough to set.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chocolate and crushed almonds dipping. To make the chocolate batter, melt some cacao butter in a saucepan over medium heat. When the butter completely turns to liquid, add a tablespoon of almond milk, honey, and cacao powder. Keep stirring the mixture until you end up with a smooth chocolate batter. Transfer the melted chocolate to small bowl.
- Crush some almonds with a kitchen mallet into course pieces. You can also use a rolling pin instead to grind the nuts over a flat surface. Sprinkle the ground almonds onto the melted chocolate dip and mix them thoroughly.
- Remove the chilled dough balls from the freezer. Roll them on the chocolate-almond mixture until each ball is evenly coated. You can use a spoon to remove excess coating. Return the chocolate brownie dough balls to the wax paper lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until the coating becomes firm. You can serve these chocolate brownie dough balls immediately after chilling or store them in the fridge for up to 1 week.