Chocolate Almond Butter Ice Cream Recipe
Featuring a rich chocolate flavor and a hint of almond butter, chocolate almond butter ice cream makes a great dessert option for all chocolate lovers out there, as well as anyone with a sweet tooth.
- STep-by-step InSTRuctions
Prep time: 2 hours 30 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 2 hours 55 mins
Serves: 1 bowl
- In a saucepan, warm the almond milk for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add in cacao powder, maple syrup, and vanilla to the hot almond milk. Whisk continuously until all ingredients are well-combined.
- Remove the almond milk mixture from heat when it's just about to reach boiling point. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 2 hours until the mixture has completely cooled.
- As the almond milk mixture chills, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet by greasing its bottom and set aside.
- Skin the almonds by first soaking them in hot water for 2 minutes. Strain the water and transfer the almonds to a dry, clean kitchen towel. Fold the towel around the almonds and start rubbing vigorously for about 30 seconds. Transfer the skinned almonds to a bowl and repeat the rubbing process until all almonds have been skinned.
- Spread the almond nuts over the prepared baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes.
- Pour the toasted almonds into a food processor and process until you get a smooth and creamy consistency. Make sure to stop every few seconds to scrape down the sides of the processor.
- Transfer the almond butter to a sealable glass jar.
- Remove the chilled almond milk mixture from the fridge and run through an ice cream maker for a few minutes. Add in the almond butter and continue processing until you get the desired consistency.
- You can enjoy the ice cream as it is or topped with cacao nibs for that extra chocolaty taste.